Shopify Customer Reviews: What Are the Customers Saying
We have had a great experience with Shopify, but let’s see these Shopify customer reviews and what are the customers saying about this ecommerce platform.
Overall, Shopify has positive reviews. However, that does not mean that every seller and developer is satisfied with all Shopify aspects. We are going to share with you some of the positive and negative reviews:
Positive Reviews: From what we have read so far, we can conclude that Shopify has far more positive than negative reviews. Some of the most commonly commented pros are:
- Ease of use: Shopify is one of the easiest to use platforms on the market. You can get a store up and running in just a few hours. It is a great approach for startups, small, and mid-sized businesses, even if you have a little experience with designing a website.
- Beautiful templates: A professional-looking website inspires trust in your customers and potential buyers. Shopify can offer you the best looking templates that will help you design and launch your new online store.
- Good customer support: Having a great support when working online is very important. Shopify and its team are here to help you solve any issue.
- A well-documented REST API: It is super easy to build applications and integrations.
- A fully-hosted platform – It is great to not have to worry about organizing a third-party host for your website.
Negative Reviews: Some of the negative reviews customers shared are:
- Expensive: There are some merchants who name the fees as being too expensive and overpriced. The plans can be priced higher for merchants who want to list various users and the transaction fee takes 2% from the transaction.
- Downtime: There were some reports of downtime. Apparently, there are customers who complained that their websites went down during a critical selling period.
- Expensive add-ons: If you want to make up for the lack of functionality, you as a merchant have to enlist add-ons and sometimes these add-ons are expensive.
- Limited functionality: The platform keeps the functions basic and simple and because of that there are a few missing elements. The customers are usually frustrated with restricted variations for their products and the lack of wholesale selling options.
If you aren’t looking for advanced features on a shoestring budget, Shopify is a great platform for you to use.